certain prosecution under the Obscene Publications Act!



I still thieve and I still lie, and I admire myself and admonish myself pitilessly. My name, by the way, is not important and I shall not disclose it to you. All you need to know is that I was born in such-and-such a town to a pair of so-and-so's and I have no brothers or sisters, with the exception of one brother.Actually my name is Loveday, but it's down to you whether you choose to believe me or not. I come from a long line of illustrious Lovedays, all of them alcoholics, dandies and sodomites...If one day I was to become somehow fabulously rich, I would still, nevertheless, refuse to become a professional and would instead carry on regardless, behaving like an ill-mannered youth and carry on poking fun at my po-faced betters - those, who at all costs must not be mocked or laughed at lest the weight, gravity and seriousness of their positions should become somehow mysteriously undermined.

3 comments:

  1. Johnny Q: totally off-topic of course, but i'm putting this in the newest post, just cuz [lol]. Everything i have by Ray Lowry was nicked. I'm not going to sweat bullets about it...i immediately thought of you. Are there ANY of his collections here, including the Clash Tour book that he illustrated. I'm particularly fond of RL's "Only Rock 'n' Roll" cartoon collection. I hand you the baton, my brother...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aj, unfortunately I don't have any of RL's stuff, if I come across any I'll post it here, if anyone else has any to share contributions are always welcome.

      Delete
  2. Sheesh. In the entire world library network, there is ONE copy of ONE of Ray Lowry's books....in a library in Scotland, somewhere. Surely there must be ONE other person besides me who has [make that "had", as it was stolen] "It's Only Rock & Roll" by Lowry, or anything else by him. Just had to share my frustration with somebody, lol.

    ReplyDelete