epub or mobi
'Oh for goodness' sake,
Sybil,' said Lady Eylau crossly, 'I know I'm not well up in the affairs of the
young, but you are really getting quite divorced from reality. You know, or
ought to know, that no nice girls have any money any more; and the ones that
should have been nice all sit around listening to incomprehensible gramophone
records and smoke disgusting cigarettes called "joints". A peculiar
brand name, isn't it, but they're all the rage. I went into Fortnum's only the
other day to get a hundred in for the little sherry party I'm giving next
month, as they seem to be so popular, only to be told that they didn't stock
them. It was probably just as well. Old General Gracenote was telling me that
his youngest girl smokes them all day, and they seem to make her even stupider
than she normally is. And they smell so nasty, like burning grass. Whatever can
they put in them?'

Nice topic
ReplyDelete