We
walked through the doors and up some steps but got stopped by the
bouncers. I said, ‘We are invited by Keith,’ to which he replied, ‘Yeah and
plenty of others. No tickets. No entry.’ A few minutes later Keith turned up. I told him that we
were having trouble getting in. ‘Right’ he says, and goes and demands that the
manager comes and speaks with him. The manager appeared and Keith explained
that he had invited some friends down from London and the bouncers wouldn’t let
them in, but there was still a no ticket, no entry type attitude. ‘Hmm,’ says
Keith, ‘Have you ever seen The Who play without a drummer? I tell you they are
bloody awful.’ By this time there’s a reasonable sized group that had gathered
around us, all listening to what was going on. The manager seeing this
eventually gives in and says it’s okay for Keith’s friends to go inside. To
this Keith turns to the crowd and shouts out ‘the manager says that any of my
friends that don’t have tickets can go in. Who doesn’t have tickets?’

No comments:
Post a Comment