the dance floor erupted into a pornographic American Bandstand

 
epub or mobi 

In the dining room, Roylene had pushed a table to one side and lined it with liquor. A girl wearing men's pin-striped trousers and a matching man's vest with no shirt but a push-up bra supporting impressive breasts, sat apart from the rest, eyeing me.
“You dance?” she asked finally.
“Not well,” I responded.
Coco and the others giggled. Coco explained that the girl wanted to know if I was a stripper. A former exotic dancer herself, Roylene had invited some cronies to perform at her house for a percentage of their tips. This led them into whispered obscene chatter - interrupted by howls of laughter - about how white girls called a man's penis his “cock.” To them, Coco said, cock meant “pussy.”
The pretty girl in the man's vest now slithered into a corner, where she began to strip, pelvis gently undulating for the benefit of a frail old man in a baseball cap and a younger man wearing a cowboy hat. The one in the cowboy hat stuck some bills in her waistband. As we left, a woman in a red leather bra and a painted-on black leather skirt poured herself a drink at the table, singing to herself in a bluesy voice about how she was just a victim of the ghetto, headed nowhere.
“Sing it, Beverly!” Roylene cried.
“I am singing it.” The woman lifted her glass. “'Cause I sure as hell ain't goin' fuckin' nowhere.”

No comments:

Post a Comment