“Half a jug of this and you’d run down Main Street naked.”


epub or mobi, with thanks to the original sharer

“We pulled a couple of dandies, I get a moralist and you get a Les.”
“You shut your damned mouth, you’ve had too much to say all night.”
“I’m taking off, you can fool around here if you want to but it isn’t for me. We wasted two bottles of gin and an evening. Hell, the girls in school would give you more than you can get from these two dames.”
“You’re bastards. Both of you. You get what I’m saying? Bastards!”
“You’re drunk.”
“Not as drunk as you’d like to have me, am I? You cheap bum, I meet you in a bar and you think you’ve bought the night. Grow up, sonny. Life is passing you by. It takes more than two bottles of gin to make this girl come around.”
“What does it take?”
“Fifty bucks and you haven’t got it.”
“Fifty bucks!”
“Fifty bucks or you don’t get past the infield.”
“Chippie! You cheap little tramp! You show your legs, pick a guy up and let him think that he’s got a chance.”
“It was your idea and not mine, I was just having a drink and you made the pass. What do you expect for two bottles of gin — a woman’s honor?”

2 comments:

  1. I don't think my comment posted so I'll give it another shot.

    I just want to thank you for all the fab Orrie Hitt - and other great trashy fiction - that gets posted here. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Carol, plenty more Hitt to come.
      all the best,
      Johnny

      Delete