pdf scan (20 pages/6MB)
The In My Head sleeve
would mark the end of Raymond Pettibon’s relationship with SST, following
Raymond’s discovery that his original artwork had been cut up for use in Black
Flag promotional materials, which he felt was an intolerable disrespect to his
work. Years later, he still feels negatively about his experiences with SST.
“As far as I’m concerned, SST is not even a part of my past,” he told American
Hardcore author Steven Blush, in 2001. “I was never paid for any of that stuff.
I’m written out of their history… I don’t want to get into this, because it
just continues something I don’t want to be a part of now, and didn’t really want
to be a part of then. Who gives a fuck about cover art? The people who do
couldn’t name one important real artist if their lives depended on it.
Rock’n’roll is such a powerful medium, your work can be in galleries and
museums around the world, and still it comes back to a record album.”

No comments:
Post a Comment