epub or mobi
I peered into a
storefront called Honey Hut, the windows boarded with plywood. Orange paint
advertised "Lovely Exotics" waiting behind the gates offering
"Body Rubs for $10 Complete." "Try Us," pleaded the
sorry-looking scrawled letters. I opened the plywood door.
"What the fuck you
want?" spat a bitter, leotarded Black girl at the desk.
"Body rub?"
"I'll body rub yo'
ass!" she said, reaching for a bat under the table. I meekly backpeddled
out.
30 girls on each block
stood at their designated posts. They beckoned to me, nodded out, ate pizza,
scurried like minnows when the paddy wagon cruised by. Some were sloe-eyed,
acned, welted, stoned and sick. Others had bright farm faces, not yet
urbanized. Men trolled by in cars, as if it were an Arab trading post, haggling
and bargaining. The prettiest white girls stood back in doorways, not having to
exert salesmanship.
Seated behind the window
at a Howard Johnson's was a bored pimp. He was treating four happy whores to
banana splits - their reward for handing in over a thousand a week.

Another "gotta read this right now" post...thankfully it's like 10 degrees outside right now, so it's not like I'm missing a day at the beach....thanks as always!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this book. Thank you so much.
ReplyDelete