epub or mobi, with thanks to the original sharer
One of the first shows I saw at the Mabuhay was the Sleepers and Crime.
I was about 18 or 19. I needed money to get back home, so I brought a bunch of
pot to sell. I was standing by the bathroom, and a guy in a cop uniform looked
at me, and saw me with a fuckin’ bag of pot, and I went in the girls’ bathroom
and flushed it down the toilet. And then I saw him up onstage playing ... Most of the kids involved in that scene had enough of people telling them what to do. They just wanted someplace to hang out and get high and listen to music, and have fun and forget about all the bullshit for awhile. And here came Jello, "Wha wha wha, you shouldn't be doing that, you should be more political." He was just another authority figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment