I awoke to find a familiar anus was hovering only inches over my head


epub with thanks to the original sharer

"There was violence, blood, overzealous security knocking people unconscious, and a woman getting a face full of GG's fresh feces. With those things out of the way, it began to get interesting. After the two song set, GG made his way outside the club completely naked to the delight of the several hundred rowdy fans crowding the intersection of Second Street and Avenue B. The scene was amazing. Bottles were raining down in all directions as people overturned garbage cans and kicked in parked car doors. GG got himself dressed quickly and quietly left the scene with a few friends as the police arrived; though a throng of about sixty people followed him down the street. After several unsuccessful attempts, he and his compadres finally caught a cab that took him away."

I don't feel like I learned anything, and it's hard to give this book any stars 'cause of all the misogyny and beating up women, but I've gotta say, this scratched a certain trashy itch. And I guess I did learn something about GG Allin, about whom I've always only had vague conceptions. But yeah...it's poorly written, extremely short, pretty much totally stupid, and narratively flat, but totally trashy and fun. If you're not grossed out by GG eating his own shit and throwing it on people. - Imogen

6 comments:

  1. Maybe this is an obvious question, but why is it that almost everything biographical about GG is so badly executed? I"m not really into listening to his music - and certainly not psyched about watching some old GG performance videos while I'm on the treadmill at the gym -- but I'd love to read a well-written bio on this guy.

    Of course, I can make do with a book that includes the line "I awoke to find a familiar anus hovering inches over my head."

    And while I'm thinking of it: why is the author so familiar with GG's anus? I suppose the answer lies within.

    Annnnnyway: thanks as always for keeping me entertained, if also grossed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you're saying HeyS&S. I don't really know too much about him myself. Were his parents in that documentary about him? Seems like the kinds of folks who would name their son Jesus Christ would play a big part in making him what he was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I wish you'd post something new, anything. I'm getting weirded out coming to the page and seeing the line about the familiar anus....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Anon, not too much time for scanning at the moment, will put a couple of things up soon, but posts will be slow for the next couple of months.
    all the best,
    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://arouseyourpassion.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-awoke-to-find-familiar-anus-was.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,

      I've just put a new link up in the main post ^^^.

      all the best,

      Johnny

      Delete