pdf scan (124 pages/181MB)[new link 23/12/2014]
We used to study these people and try and make our own hair like theirs. It seemed fairly clear to us that Brian Jones washed his hair twice a day, and Jagger at least once. the Pretty Things didn't appear to have washed their hair ever. And those faces on the first album cover! A medical man would diagnose scurvy from a hundred paces; the band's sallowed skin had been surely reared only on fish and chips. The anti-heroes, seriously ugly.

Johnny,
ReplyDeleteI have the Ungawa issues that you need - I have no idea how I can get them to you.
Send me a heads up at jeffmckee102@comcast.com and I'll get them to you. I have a huge collection of books - epub stuff, most are still in print or if not, they're recent cuts....
Lots of music and movie stuff. If you're interested in that sort of thing for your own head - probably get in trouble posting that stuff here - lemme know.
It's a pretty extensive library - tons of bios, etc.
Ernie Anderson was, first and foremost, one of the great announcers and copy-readers in the biz. It's not a real snobby kinda industry - it's easy to reach out and say hi.
Ernie's the guy who said, among countless other similar phrases, "The Love BBBBOOOOAAAT..."
Okay, gotta run later
Jeff McKee
Jeff,
ReplyDeletetried to email you but the computer spat it back at me,giving me this:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
jeffmckee102@comcast.com
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Mailbox unavailable or access denied
You can email me at jjohnnyq@googlemail.com
all the best,
Johnny
jeffmckee102@comcast.net
DeleteJohnny, try the above address - .net instead of .com
that one will work 100%...
Jeff
Hi, any chance of re -uploading the Pretty Things Link
ReplyDeleteThanks, Glen
Glen,
DeleteHave just put a new link in the main post.
all the best,
Johnny
Thanks Johnny. Great site
ReplyDeleteHi, have you or are you going to upload "The Pretty Things: Growing Old Disgracefully"
ReplyDeleteThanks, Glen
Glen,
DeleteSorry, I don't have a copy of that one, but if anyone else has it to share, contributions are always welcome.
Johnny
Hi! Longtime fan who's been turned onto some AMAZING books via your site (and have in turn turned on others to them, and of course to AYP). Annnnyway: I'm on a hardcore Pretty Things jag this Summer, and really want to read this book. I know you already re-upped it, but any chance you'd do it again? Either way, keep up the good work! FWIW been reading "Machers," and got so into it at the beach today that I sunburned my face. Makes a good excuse to sit in a dark room sipping patch-up G&T's tho!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www72.zippyshare.com/v/x8aBnOYh/file.html
DeleteTHANK YOU!!! Gonna dig into this right now...hopefully it'll take my mind off this gawdawful sunburn : )
ReplyDelete