are we going to license the use of filthy, vulgar, and obscene language?


epub or mobi, with thanks to the original sharer

Q. And I presume you understand the whole thing, is that right? Well, let's go into some of this. You have the book there. Will you open to page 133? What are "angelheaded hipsters?" 
A. I would say characters of some kind of celestial beauty like an angel; "hipsters" is part of the vernacular today. I'm not sure I can translate it into any literal way, though. 
Q. In other words, you don't have to understand the words to - Skip down a couple of lines there: "With dreams, with drugs, with waking nightmares, alcohol and cock and endless balls." What significance does that have to you? 
A. Well, there are uprooted people wandering around the United States, dreaming, drugged - that's clear isn't it? Even their waking hours like nightmares, loaded with liquor and enjoying, I take it, a variety of indiscriminate sexual experience.
Q. Do you understand some of these pages where there are just little dots in there?
A. I think I know the words that were intended.
Q. Let's take page 135.
A. Yes.
Q. Fifth line up: "Who let themselves be -" one, two, three, four, five, six dots - "in the -" three dots - "by saintly motorcyclists, and screamed with joy." What does that mean?

1 comment: