I dint put paper on the sit and now I haf the syphil-lous


epub or mobi, with thanks to the original sharer

Why write about the sordid, they said. What they meant was why not write about them as they imagine themselves. Well, I shall try to remember Juniperhill for a book and then they will say what an imagination you have, my dear. Don’t you know that modern mental hospitals aren’t at all like your trumped-up Juniperhill? Why, the patients are all so happy and, my dear, they do the darnedest things. Of course it’s pathetic in a way but it really is a scream, what they say and do, thinking themselves Napoleon and all. They have a good roof over their heads and they don’t have to worry about where the next meal is coming from or who’s going to pay the gas bill. I’d say it is an ideal existence and here you’ve gone and made it sound perfectly icky. Why, I’ve always said if anything ever happened to one of my family (it is interesting that they always have it happening to one of the family or to a friend, never to themselves) I would put him into an institution right off the bat. Everyone knows we don’t treat our insane like cattle. They are so much happier with their own kind and they just play around like happy little children all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment