I had a deal I used to
do when I played saxophone when we'd get into it, I'd get on my knees or I'd
fall on my back and me and this other saxophone player would kick our heels up
in the air, man. We were playing in one of these real dives, man, I mean the
floor looked like it had mud on it all the time, but it was a packed house. We
started puttin' on our act and the saxophone player and I walked out through the
crowd and we fell down on the floor, so the guitar player decided to join us. He
fell down on his knees, and then he fell down on his back, man, and he was
playin his guitar with his teeth and the
piano player looked around and saw him on the floor and he stopped right in the
middle of the song and he got on the microphone and he told him, 'Hey, get up
offa that floor with my suit on!' That cracked the house up.

Hi Johnny,
ReplyDeleteI'm so grateful to you for posting these issues. I didn't think I'd ever have an opportunity to read them. I love the articles, the discographies, the reviews - tremendous! Thanks so very much for sharing them!
Sylvie
;-)
Such great reading! This is wonderful! Thanks Johnny!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. Great reading. Thanks for your hard work. Wonder if anyone has digitized any of the old Blues Unlimited magazines.
ReplyDelete. . . or Blues & Rhythm (also British)?
Delete