"I'm not going to let another damned white police come in my house."


epub or mobi

The executions of such diverse youths as if they were all black militants, which none of them was, or snipers, which none of them was, or pimps, which none of them was.

"He tried to say he shot Auburey because Auburey tried to kill him. So how could Auburey have been trying to kill him when he didn't even have a gun or knife. The man was beating him so that he tore off his face and half his eye was hanging out his head, and when he tore up his face like that, and he was still hollering, he shot half his arm off. He said he was a white-woman lover. They walked in there and called them nigger lovers, and they took their gun and cut the clothes off of them and beat their heads and called them nigger lovers and stripped them bucknaked before all them peoples up there. And then the police say, 'I only killed him cause he was trying to kill me.' Wasn't no way in the world somebody going to try to kill you, they ain't got nothing in their arms and you got a machine gun and rifle and beating his brains out. 
"Honest to God, they was laughing in the courtroom about them getting set free. If they turn him loose, they ought to turn every damn body in jail loose. And that ugly lawyer sitting up there with his puny face there, he was lying like a dog, and I told him. I want justice done so bad I can taste it. Just because he was wearing a damned uniform, he can be put out free! Let's turn them all loose! Turn them loose, that's the way I feel about it. I don't see how the son of a bitch can walk the goddam streets. Something ought to be on his conscience. Something ought to be on his god dam conscience. To think that they shot that eighteen-year-old boy's groins out before they killed him - the Cooper boy. Don't you think his mother's a hurt mother? She's hurt! These things don't wear off of us. Write the book! Write it! Tell them how they killed them just because they seen them two white girls in there in the room. I'm going to tell that, too, in court. I'm going to tell it if I have to drop dead and I have to pay a fine. I'm going to see how they're going to cut me off. I want the world to know."

No comments:

Post a Comment