She smiled, obviously knowing what I saw and what I liked.


epub or mobi, with thanks to the original sharer

He was a pantywaist jerk with only two purposes in life — breathing and, in between breaths, crazy art. He looked down at his portfolio and I got the idea that he’d only come along for the ride, that he was doing it solely because his wife expected him to do it. When a guy’s got somebody who beds him down and buys his booze he has to make a move in the right direction once in a while.
I tried to talk to him some more about his “art” but I didn’t get the conversation off the ground. He said that most people didn’t want the stuff he painted, that they couldn’t appreciate art that required them to think. I let it drop.
“I brought along some samples of my work,” he said, placing the portfolio on the table.
I looked at them. He was right. A fellow had to think to keep up with that crazy stuff. The only trouble was you didn’t know where to start thinking.
“Not bad,” I said. 
For my money, it stunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment