they called me a spoiled brat and a bitch, and I didn’t give a shit


pdf, with thanks to the original sharer

My church condemned me. They heard I was wearing lipstick and short sleeves that you could see through! [Laughs.] And we’re doing the ‘‘devil’s music.’’ And let me tell you, when you come from churches like that, they put such a guilt trip on you. Oh, my God! They could really give it to you. And all my life, that’s one of the things that I just couldn’t get away from. And we all, we all who come from this type of background, these parents are dead set against us doing the devil’s music, and our pastors and what have you. It’s very, very difficult, and it’s confusing. It’s like we’re doing something we really like to do, really really like to do, and yet you have this bad feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment