Even though I was a cop I ran around in fishnet stockings and hot pants


pdf scan (44 pages / 55 MB)

Nick Knox, then the drummer in the Cramps, is Metoff's cousin, and when they came to Cleveland for an extended stay that summer we hooked up. Our first gig together was at Peter Ball's Fourth of July party, held at the Ball mansion in Bratenahl. The place had been designed around the turn of the century by Stanford White, who was later murdered by Harry Thaw in a scandal documented in the films The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing and Ragtime. The stage was a cement slab built into the side of a bluff overlooking Lake Erie, and the audience gathered on the beach some 40 feet below. Offshore, pleasure boats moored to enjoy the music and the fireworks display that followed.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks mate for the Savages, keep 'em coming. Hands down the best Rock & Roll zine of the 90s. We had here in Greece a brother mag of this, it was called the Thing! About 30 issues in Greek, only two in English. If you interested, shoot me to pdf them for ya.

    PS: Pagans story by Mike Hudson? Fuck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mihaleez. I have a couple more issues around somewhere that I'll get round to scanning at some point.
      Any fanzines (or books etc...) you've got to share would be great - you know the kind of junk I like...
      Am pretty sure the Pagans story is an excerpt from this: http://arouseyourpassion.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/i-wanted-to-be-jack-kerouac-and-mick.html
      all the best,
      Johnny

      Delete