"Those casting guys are on a high horse, ain't
they? They think they're big shots because they can pick and choose, huh? Well,
take it from me, that Coleman bastard is no better than anybody else. I tell ya, in this racket ya know that
everyone is the same. Even them senators out in Washington is the same, just as
horny and as hard up as any bum wanderin' around the streets today. The whole
goddamn world is sex crazy, you know that, Johnny? The suckers get taken
because of it and the smart guys make the dough. I had Kitty go for this bum, not because he had any
dough, but because he had the right kind of a job. You ain't the only one I got
a better part for. And don't start sayin' it's unfair. Just think of all the
other people that's been gettin' parts when you should've. Now you got the edge
on all the other slobs that don't have the right contact."
Kitty began to crawl
out of the bed. It was only then that Johnny saw the ugly spots on her arm. It
emphasized her youth all the more. Manny laughed. "Lookit that. The little
nut thinks she's swimmin'. I don't usually go for junkies but this one's nice
and tender."

No comments:
Post a Comment